“It’s clearly significant … to be laying this many [charges] and that’s not taken lightly by the investigative team,” Inspector Simon James of the police force in York, a northern district of Toronto, told a televised press conference.

The victims ranged in age from 16 to 36 but James declined to name them or explain why the charges against Law had been upgraded. He also said he did not know how many people abroad might have died.
“We continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies and collaborate with them globally,” said James.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corp., citing official records and statements, said Law could be linked to 117 deaths around the world, most of them in Britain. It said authorities in New Zealand, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Switzerland all confirmed Law shipped packages to their countries.
Assisted suicide pod now legal in Switzerland offers ‘painless death’
Assisted suicide pod now legal in Switzerland offers ‘painless death’
Law, who police alleged used a number of websites to reach his victims, is in jail and will made his next court appearance on December 19.
“One of the challenges that we face are a number of these sites are located in other countries where Canadian law does not apply,” James said.
If Law is found guilty he will go down as one of the worst mass murderers in Canadian history.
In April 2020, a 51 year old man shot dead 22 people in the Atlantic province of Nova Scotia before being killed by police.