Jesus Ayala and Jzamir Keys appear in Las Vegas adult court following Andreas Probst death

The teen driver who allegedly mowed down a retired police chief in a fatal hit-and-run told Las Vegas police he would be back on the streets in under a month, according to a report.

Jesus Ayala is accused of driving a stolen Hyundai Elantra on Aug. 14 along with Jzamir Keys, 16, and deliberately crashing and killing Andreas “Andy” Probst, 64, who had been riding his bike, a disturbing video showed.

Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody, he wouldn’t be locked up for long.

“You think this juvenile [expletive] is gonna do some [expletive]? I’ll be out in 30 days, I’ll bet you,” Ayala told the cops, according to KLAS.

“It’s just ah, [expletive] ah, hit-and-run — slap on the wrist.”

Police had not yet told Ayala about any hit-and-run charges, and was only arrested for a warrant and obstructing a peace officer, the outlet reported.

Ayala is being held at Clark County Detention Center without bail and was handed 18 charges including murder, attempted murder, and grand larceny.


Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody, he wouldn't be locked up for long.
Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody, he wouldn’t be locked up for long.

Ayala and Keys made their first appearances in Las Vegas Justice Court Thursday, where the teens face charges as adults.

In their brief, and separate, appearances, neither teen spoke and was not asked to enter a plea.

The two cases are being done separately due to the timing of when they were arrested — Keys was captured on Tuesday.

“Both these defendants will be charged with open murder, attempted murder and many other related charges,” Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told reporters outside court.


Ayala and Keys made their first appearances in Las Vegas Justice Court Thursday, where the teens face charges as adults.
Ayala and Keys made their first appearances in Las Vegas Justice Court Thursday, where the teens face charges as adults.

Andreas “Andy” Probst, was killed after the teens ran him over while he rode his bike, a disturbing video showed.
Andreas “Andy” Probst, was killed after the teens ran him over while he rode his bike, a disturbing video showed.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek/Facebook

Prosecutors also seek high bail pending trial before he called the two a danger to the community.

“The events in these cases are related,” Wolfson said. “I’m very confident these cases will be consolidated.”

Keys, who was handed three charges, was arrested after he was caught on camera getting into a fight last week.


The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed saying, "hit his ass."
The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed saying, “hit his ass.”
garbagehuman4.0, /Instagram

Police were able to link him with the deadly hit-and-run because of the white tennis shoes seen in both videos.

The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed saying, “hit his ass.”

Probst was tossed over the hood of the vehicle and left to die.


Under Nevada law, if they are convicted in adult court of murder committed before they were 18, the most severe sentence they can receive is 20 years to life in state prison.
Under Nevada law, if they are convicted in adult court of murder committed before they were 18, the most severe sentence they can receive is 20 years to life in state prison.
garbagehuman4.0, /Instagram

Under Nevada law, if they are convicted in adult court of murder committed before they were 18, the most severe sentence they can receive is 20 years to life in state prison.
The 16-year-old was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of murder and other charges after the video of the bicycle crash circulated widely on the internet.
garbagehuman4.0, /Instagram

His widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.

Taylor Probst said on Tuesday the attack was a senseless killing caused by the effect “social media has on our youth” — not because of his 35 years in law enforcement.

The two teens’ mothers have both spoken out about their sons’ heinous actions but they don’t share the same views.

“I don’t know why he did this,” Ayala’s mother told KLAS Wednesday. “I don’t know if God can forgive this.”


Probst’s widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.
His widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, (seen on Tuesday) were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.
AP

“My son’s side of the story will be told, ‘the truth,’ not the inaccuracies the media will try to portray,” Keys’ mother said in a text to the station.

The death penalty will not be sought in either case because under Nevada law.

They face 20 years to life in prison if they are convicted before they turn 18 years old.

The two teens are accused of going on a crime spree throughout the day of Aug. 14, as they allegedly hit a 72-year-old bicyclist while in a stolen Hyundai sedan, drove away, crashed into a Toyota Corolla and again drove away before striking Probst.


Police said they weren’t aware of the video until a high school resource officer provided it to investigators two weeks later.
Police were able to link him with the deadly hit-and-run because of the white tennis shoes seen in both videos.
AP

They later apparently stole two more cars before crashing them into each other.

The stolen Hyundai Elantra was found abandoned in a ditch with blood on the windshield,10 minutes from where Probst was struck.

With Post wires

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Chronicles Live is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – chronicleslive.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment